Wrekinsport CC Reliability Ride
Our Reliability is scheduled for Sunday 23th Feb at Wellington Cricket Club (Telford), the cost will be £5 per person all the proceeds raised going to a charity selected by our membership (details TBC). Tea/Coffee will be available before and after the ride with food available on your return.
Riders will be able to sign on from 0845 in the morning. There’ll then be a short wait until the first wave departs at 0930. In order to limit the disruption to other road users, riders will depart in groups of 20 at a time, with each group separated by a few minutes interval.
The groups will be formed based on ability. The fastest riders will depart first, followed by intermediate and then social riders.
There is parking at the cricket club and ample parking in Wellington town center with the start line a few minuites' walk.
There will be a long route, 62 miles and a short, 39 miles.
Dave Moore - Wrekinsport CC Chairman
- Please support the organising club by registering and paying the entry fee.
- Whilst riding this event, you are representing yourself, your club, the SCCA and the sport of cycling.
- It’s not a race; there are no prizes and no points to be earned.
- You are responsible for your own safety and for that of your fellow riders.
- Follow the Highway Code and respect other road users.
- Be courteous to drivers, horse-riders and other road users, even if they are not courteous to you.
- Make sure that you know the route, or have a map of it. Make a note of any emergency contact numbers.
- Make sure you are self-sufficient and carry tools, spares, money, phone, wet weather gear and anything else you may need.
- Ride no more than two abreast. Ride single file when it isn’t safe to ride in pairs.
- Call out when you are passing someone and only ever pass on the right.
- Point out hazards to your fellow riders and call out “Car up”/”Car back” or “Car down” when there are vehicles.
- Try to only cross junctions when the entire group can cross. If this isn’t possible wait on the other side so that riders left behind aren’t tempted to take chances.
- Do not use mobile phones while riding. Stop at the side of the road to make or receive a call.
- No ‘selfies’ while on the move.
- At least one hand on the bars at all times. No donning or removing of clothing on the move.
- Dispose of gel wrappers or any other litter at the finish, not on the course.
- Have a great bike ride!